3.22.2009

The Reactable

So Greg Debicki and I are trying our hand at building our own version of the Music Technology Group's Reactable. It's a tangible interface that recognizes shapes to create musical relationships.

Here's a demo from Berlin...


We have a couple of modifications for our version of it, for example we are going to experiment with black lights, as well as the sounds will be completely original.

I'm going to to the store to go buy the wood today and begin building the main cube.

We were wondering what material to use for the cubes...does anyone know anything about moulding rubber or plastic or anything like that? Or have any ideas of a good material to use?

1 comment:

the young mr. mott said...

Give me the shapes you want, I'll 3d model them, and then we can have them cnc milled.
I'd talked to Adam about the idea before.
Let me know.