3.04.2009

Music/Dancer Interactivity

So the MADT Festival is over now, it ran all last week... and I can finally breathe!
The installation went up on Wednesday and ran until Friday, and it went pretty good. There are definitely many things I want to work on and expand with this project, such as more detailed motion control and more sensitive sensors, perhaps using more cameras.
But overall I was pretty happy with it, on Thursday at the opening, I had contemporary dancer Alexandra Laird do a 10 minute performance in the installation, and the sound responded beautifully to her movements. Her dance performance really demonstrated the installation to it's potential.
I want to definitely work on more dance/music interactive works, and for my Studio Seminar class, we have to choose a topic to write a scholarly paper for ( eg. for a journal or conference) and I chose to research the topic of Music/Dancer Interactivity, especially focusing on the many of the new digital and electronic motion tracking and motion capture technologies. I found a ton of great resources online, and I'm heading to the library today to see what I can find on paper.
I'll post the video of the installation when I get it uploaded!

No comments: