2.08.2009

Pixel Surgeons







Since we usually do a book show and tell in our MADT Studio Seminar class, and the last two weeks we haven't met up, I'm posting my book on here.
I read Pixel Surgeons: Extreme Manipulation of the Figure in Photography by Martin Dawber. I chose it from the Public Library because I'm interested in the capabilities of digital photography beyond the traditional practices of photography. I'm in Mitch Kern's MADT Photo class right now and I really hope we learn some digital manipulation in the class, in addition to the photography essentials.
This book was really interesting, with tons of great pictures and artist biographies of current artists who are working in digital manipulation of photographs in their artistic and professional practices. A lot of the photographs I recognized from advertisement campaigns, but a lot of the artists were completely new to me. This book was excellent in illustrating the endless number of ways and forms one can use when using digital post-production tools.

I posted some of the photographs from the book, if I could find them on the internet somewhere. Respectively the photo/artist credits are ( in order from top)
Vault 49
Me Company
Me Company
Eryk Fitkau
Pixel Surgeons Book Cover (Artist Sarah Howell)

No comments: