4.16.2008

Melody Project

This is my final piece for Daniel Dugas's sound class, the melody assignment.
Since it is the end of the semester, and I have been focusing on learning the program Ableton Live, I decided to use Live to create my melody.
While at first I tried making the regular downtempo/ambient beats that I usually make, I found myself playing in the housey keys MIDI instrument on Live. I decided to try to create a house track, as it is a genre I am not very comfortable working within and I thought it would be an interesting challenge.
While the beats in house music follow the traditional 4/4 pattern, I found myself having to find different variations on the same beat structure, to keep the pattern consistent but not boring.
This project was challenging however really enjoyable as well as I learned a lot about the "building blocks" of house music.



Photobucket

No comments: